This raspberry mojito is my new favorite cocktail, it´s soft, refreshing and the perfect combination of lemon acid and sweet raspberries.
We all know the classic mojitos, that delicious Cuban cocktail based on rum, lemon and peppermint (spearmint is a very close relative to peppermint, but they can be replaced by each other in this recipe or make a mix of both).
This variation is really delicious, as well as very striking for its appearance: raspberry mojito, since these fruits combine perfectly with rum, lemon and mint.
This is one of the few recipes in which it´s exactly the same if we use fresh or frozen raspberries, since anyway we will break them during the process and if they are frozen it´ll be even better since they´ll help cool our raspberry mojito.
While it´s recomended, for color and flavor, to use white rum when preparing mojitos, if we prefer golden rum, we can replace it without any problem.
Although we can replace it with sugar, it is better to use simple syrup as it dissolves and mixes much better. If we don´t have, we can make a homemade version mixing 1 part of water with 2 parts of sugar. For example we can pour half a cup of water with a cup of granulated white sugar on low heat and let it boil for 3 minutes and then turn it off. Once it is cold we can use it. Purchased versions of the simple syrup usually contain gelatin to help preserve it, but if we use it soon it is not necessary to add it.
- kitchen mortar
- 16 raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup mint leaves washed and dried
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 4 lemons its juice without pulp or seeds
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Ice to taste
- Sparkling mineral water o club soda the necessary amount
- In the glasses that we will serve the mojitos we distribute the mint leaves, raspberries and powdered sugar.
- Crush with a kitchen mortar (or spoon) the peppermint with the raspberries until they are ground.
- Divide the rum between the 4 glasses and stir a little.
- Add ice to taste, fill with mineral water and enjoy!