Salmon is a delicious and nutritious fish farmed in southern Chile, so its consumption is quite common. The recipe that I will give you below is a basic one, you can vary it according to your tastes, but with it we will cover the typical questions that arise when cooking easy baked salmon.
How long does the salmon have to be in the oven? Cooking times always vary, depending on many factors, the thickness of the meat, the freshness, if it has been frozen (and correctly thawed) and why not say it: from the oven, everyone talks about how crafty printers are, but I personally think that the ovens are also full of tricks. But if you have to generalize between 20 and 25 minutes in an oven at low temperature, that is, 150ºC, it should be the perfect time. Even salmon can be consumed raw, as in this salmon ceviche.
How to season the salmon? There are no general rules here and it depends a lot on the taste of each one, but if or if they should add salt and pepper (ideally white, which is softer and serves to enhance the flavor of fish), I personally like to add garlic, and to all I think some citrus (lemon, orange, tangerine) and dry or fresh dill combine very well with fish, but you can vary according to the spices you like best or have on hand. EYE with mix of cajun spices is great.
How to know if the salmon is ready? This point is very simple, to know if the easy baked salmon is ready, you must carefully press its meat with a knife or fork and it will separate as if it were in scales or pieces.
How to accompany a Salmon dish? As I was saying before, salmon is very versatile and combines with a large number of flavors, that’s why I think the “weather of the day” is more important or if we want to eat lighter or heavier, but my favorite options to accompany this salmon are: scalloped potatoes, rustic potatoes, coleslaw or a fresh Lebanese taboule.
Easy baked salmon
- 1 ovenproof dish
- metallic paper
- 1 piece salmon of approximately 1.5 lb without bones and with skin
- 1/4 cup oil ideally olive
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice without seeds or pulp
- 1 o 2 garlic cloves peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 1 level teaspoon dried dill optional
- salt and white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300ªF or low temperature.
- In the ovenproof dish, put a little oil and spread it well. Top with a piece of salmon skin side down. We booked.
- In a small bowl we mix all the remaining ingredients, that is; oil, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add this mixture over the salmon and cover the bowl well with foil.
- We take it to the oven and after approximately 20 minutes, carefully (very hot steam will come out) uncover a little, press the salmon with a fork and if it separates into pieces it is ready, we serve immediately and enjoy!